Including extra complete grains in your weight loss plan is without doubt one of the tastiest and handiest methods to cut back your threat of coronary heart illness, stroke, sort 2 diabetes, many cancers and weight problems. For finest outcomes embrace three servings of complete grains day-after-day.
Here are 7 simple methods to get three servings a day. (1 serving is 1/2 cup ready complete grains like oatmeal or brown rice; 1 slice of 100% complete wheat bread; a “serving” (verify vitamin label) of any 100% complete grain cereal; 1 ouncesof 100% complete grain crackers/snacks):
- 1 cup of ready oatmeal for breakfast; 1/2 cup brown rice at dinner.
- A “serving” of 100% complete wheat/grain cereal for breakfast; a sandwich at lunch made with 100% complete wheat or 100% complete grain bread.
- One 100% complete wheat bagel at breakfast; 1 oz (std serving) of complete grain tortilla chips for a snack.
- 1/2 cup stone floor complete grain grits (not customary grits) at breakfast; 1, 6″ 100% complete wheat tortilla at lunch; 1/2 cup barley at dinner (nice in soup and stews).
- three/four cup ready oatmeal at breakfast; three/four cup quinoa at dinner.
- 1/2 cup home made granola at breakfast; 1 serving (1oz) of 100% complete wheat crackers as a snack (100% complete wheat Wheat Thins, Ak-Mak, Rye Crisps, Triscuits); 1/2 cup brown rice at dinner.
- 1, 100% complete wheat English muffin at breakfast; three/four cup Quinoa at dinner.
If you need to be adventurous attempt the “other” extra unique complete grains – farro, kamut, spelt, amaranth and kasha.
If diabetic, pre-diabetic, obese or making an attempt to shed some pounds, bodily intact grains are finest. In different phrases, keep away from breads and crackers.