An ideal recipe for Double Chocolate Chunk Walnut Cookies from the superb Skinnytaste cookbook with a sneaky wholesome ingredient that you’d by no means guess was within the combine.
I’ve completed some loopy, unconventional issues in my baking, like including black beans to fudgy, kid-friendly cookies, however utilizing avocados rather than butter is completely new to me! As loopy because it sounds, it really works!
For these chewy Double Chocolate Chunk Walnut Cookies made with chunks of chocolate and walnuts in each chunk, there’s completely no butter included within the recipe. They truthfully style too good to be true and positively not semi-healthy. And I promise you’ll be able to’t style the avocado in any respect!
I examined out these cookies on Mal and Quinn and each of them beloved them. They had no thought avocado was within the combine and ate them proper up! I’m a real chocoholic, and I lovvvve them! FYI: For a gluten-free possibility, simply swap the white entire wheat flour with gluten-free all-purpose flour. I hope you and your loved ones love these Double Chocolate Chunk Walnut Cookies as a lot as we do!
Double Chocolate Chunk Walnut Cookies
An ideal recipe from the superb Skinnytaste cookbook with a sneaky wholesome ingredient that you’d by no means guess was within the combine.
Cooking spray or oil mister (non-compulsory)
half of cup uncooked sugar
1/three cup unpacked darkish brown sugar
1/four cup mashed avocado
1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
1 massive egg white
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
half of cup (65 grams) white entire wheat unbleached flour (I like to recommend King Arthur)
1/three cup (50 grams) all-purpose flour
1/three cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I take advantage of Trader Joe’s)
1/four teaspoon baking soda
1/eight teaspoon kosher salt
1/three cup semisweet chocolate chunks
half of cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 common baking sheets with silicone baking mats (akin to Silpats) or frivolously spray nonstick baking sheets with oil.
- In a big bowl, utilizing an electrical hand mixer, whisk collectively the sugars, avocado, applesauce, egg white, and vanilla till the sugar dissolves, about 2 to three minutes.
- In a separate massive bowl, whisk collectively the flours, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Fold within the dry elements with a spatula in two additions. Using a spatula, fold within the chocolate chunks and walnuts. The dough can be very sticky. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls about 1 inch aside onto the ready baking sheets and clean the tops.
- Bake till virtually set, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool for five minutes on the pan, then switch to wire racks to chill fully.
- Serving Size: 2
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 25
- Protein: 2
Keywords: cookies, chocolate, dessert
A giant thanks to Gina from Skinnytaste from permitting me to share her Double Chocolate Chunk Cookie recipe from The Skinnytaste Cookbook. It’s really one in all my favourite cookbooks ever! All of the recipes inside are simple to make, don’t require a million hard-to-find elements, and engaging nice. They’re additionally nutritious and good for you! Really, for those who’re seeking to combine up your meals, you want this cookbook in your life! 🙂
Question of the Day
What’s your favourite cookbook?