August 13, 2019 • Healthy Living
Dr. Ann’s Tips for Getting 7 Servings of Fruits and Veggies Daily
- I at all times embrace 1 cup (that’s 2 servings) of fruit at breakfast. Most usually, frozen berries or frozen berries with banana, kiwi, pear, or apple.
- I at all times embrace 1 ½ cups of veggies at lunch (that’s about 2 – 2 ½ servings). I most frequently have a mix of leftover dinner veggies and a contemporary made salad of some kind.
- I at all times embrace a bit of contemporary fruit as my single mid-afternoon snack. Most usually contemporary citrus, apples, or pears.
- I at all times embrace 1 ½ cups of veggies at dinner. Most usually a mix of cooked veggies together with a contemporary tossed salad.
Here are some further methods I depend on to eat an abundance of greens.
- I develop some of my very own greens. I’ve 4 raised beds in my yard within the metropolis and a big backyard at my weekend cabin within the nation.
- If a recipe calls for veggies, I add at the least double.
- If a recipe doesn’t name for veggies – I work out a solution to put them in anyway.
- If I make tuna or salmon salad, I add tons of flippantly cooked (tender-crisp), contemporary chopped broccoli (2 components broccoli to 1 half tuna/salmon). I eat salmon/broccoli salad 2-Three occasions every week for lunch.
- I purchase massive baggage of natural carrots, cut-up and rinsed broccoli florets, candy bell peppers, contemporary asparagus, Brussels sprouts, and at the least 2 varieties of onions repeatedly from Costco. These are veggie staples in my fridge always.
- I hold a number of baggage of frozen natural chopped spinach and frozen child peas in my freezer always.
- I go to my native farmer’s market weekly when operational to select up native produce that I don’t develop in my very own backyard.
- I start most any savory dish by sautéing a whole onion. Onions improve the flavour of any savory dish.
- I add contemporary and or dried herbs liberally to my dishes.
For extra knowledgeable wellness recommendation, order my award-winning ebook, The Cookbook Companion!