Welcome to the subsequent version of CNC Instagram Live – and I’ve fairly the roundup immediately! Most of the questions are quick and candy, so I’ve a complete of 6 to reply for you with a brilliant frequent query on the finish that I sometimes ignore as a result of it’s type of… effectively, you’ll see… however I answered it beneath. Ok, right here we go…
Back-to-school breakfast concepts?
I’m all the time comfortable to speak about breakfast! There are a ton of straightforward breakfast concepts on CNC, however in a nutshell, I’m large on breakfasts that I could make forward of time (#mealprep life). Some staples embrace in a single day oats and egg bakes (for Mal). I’m fairly straightforward total and can usually simply toast up two items of bread and add nut butter and fruit, like bananas or contemporary berries.
One of my favourite breakfast tricks to share with shoppers is to choose two breakfasts you’ll be able to prep forward of time for the week (like one candy and one savory) and alternate them all through the week, so that you’re not losing interest. The subsequent week, do the identical factor however with two breakfasts which can be completely completely different. This a good way to keep away from consuming the identical breakfasts time and again (i.e. the loss of life of nice recipes). For instance, you might do in a single day oats and an egg bake one week, and the subsequent week you might do toast with nut butter and fruit, and even one thing quick like an RXBAR with fruit. Another tip is to maintain collagen or protein powder readily available as they make an awesome addition to your morning espresso or in a single day oats for a protein enhance! Here are some extra favorites: Macro-Friendly Meal Prep Breakfasts!
Favorite factor about dwelling in Boston?
Full disclaimer – I don’t really stay in Boston, so that is going be type of a lame reply. I stay on the South Shore, which is about 30-40 minutes away from the town (a bit of longer in rush hour). I don’t go into Boston very a lot as of late (I hate sitting in visitors if I don’t should), so I really feel like my suggestions may be a bit of outdated to be sincere. But one among my basic go-to’s is the Freedom Trail. It’s such a good way to see the town and get some train. It’s mainly this purple line that’s painted all all through the town that takes you thru a bunch of historic landmarks. It makes a pleasant stroll on a good looking day, and you’ll see a ton of the town! It’s positively a must-do if you happen to’re a historical past buff! I additionally love Newbury Street for purchasing and eating places and, in fact, Harvard Square. I spent plenty of time there in highschool and years later after I labored on the school.
I completely love dwelling on the South Shore. We’ve acquired the seaside and a ton of eating places and purchasing as effectively, so I don’t actually have a lot of a cause to enterprise into Boston. But after I do, these are the spots I be sure that to go to!
High carb, low-fat snack concepts?
It’s positively no secret that I’ve zero issues hitting my carb aim, so I’ve acquired a ton of concepts for prime carb, low-fat snacks, listed beneath:
- Good ol’ fruits and veggies! Bananas, apples, and pears for fruit and baggage of child carrots and snap peas are wonderful choices, particularly if you want one thing moveable.
- Trail combine! I do know that is sometimes fat-heavy, however a cereal-based recipe could be a bit extra carby and voluminous. Just add your favourite cereal (I like so as to add Rice Chex, Cheerios, or Peanut Butter Puffins – one thing with out plenty of sugar) and throw in raisins, nuts and/or sunflower seeds! This recipe can also be a diet shopper favourite: Not-A-Million Calories Gluten-Free Maple Granola Recipe!
- Smoothies! These are an awesome (and quick!) option to get in your fruits and veggies with out having to actually give it some thought. Just throw in some contemporary or frozen fruit together with a handful of spinach, add in some protein powder, and bam!
- Dried chickpeas! This might be one which wouldn’t usually come to thoughts, however they’re really an awesome supply of carbs and protein. They additionally journey rather well!
- Roasted broccoli, Brussel sprouts, or just about any veggie with this macro-friendly peanut butter dipping sauce. It’s made with powdered peanut butter (versus full-fat Teddie peanut butter) with the addition of coconut aminos and ginger paste (or ginger powder). It’s completely scrumptious! It’s additionally an awesome earlier than dinner snack! 🙂
- Lentils, like this BBQ Lentils recipe. Like chickpeas, they’re a superb supply of carbs and protein!
Healthy snacks for the automotive?
Many of the snack concepts talked about above can be nice for on-the-go and within the automotive, however listed below are just a few extra!
- RXBARS, Health Warrior Bars, or every other kind of wholesome bar that you would be able to stash in your bag
- Whole fruit, like an apple or a banana, or even a container of blueberries that you would be able to simply seize along with your arms
- Nut butter packets. I like Justin’s or RXBAR’s Vanilla, which tastes like almond butter combined with vanilla frosting. Oooh sure!
- Smoothies, as talked about above
- Trail combine, just like the cereal combine I discussed above. You could make an enormous batch in the beginning of the week and portion them into little baggies or Stasher snack baggage for a extra sustainable choice. (No, significantly, have you ever invested in some Stacher baggage but? If not, you actually NEED to – they’re higher for the surroundings and far more cost-effective that plastic baggies. They’re additionally nice for lunchboxes!)
- A bag of uncooked veggies, like child carrots or snap peas
- Sandwiches or wraps! PB and banana, turkey and cheese, and many others… you’ll be able to simply eat these with one hand!
Will we be including one other pup to our household and can or not it’s a pug?
If I had it my means, we’d have a complete pug farm in our yard! 🙂 What wouldn’t I give to have an entire bunch of pugs dwelling with me? But sadly no, we won’t be getting one other canine – it’s simply Murph! And actually if we did get one other canine, Mal can be the one to choose it since I picked the primary canine. It will most likely be one other “medium” canine – love’em. I want I may rescue all of them, however for now, it’s simply good outdated Murphy!
And final however not least…
Are my boobs actual?!
This is everybody’s favourite query, and I’ve been ignoring it as a result of I wasn’t actually positive if it was applicable to speak about, however I’ve acquired nothing to cover so… sure, my boobs are actual. In truth, I had a breast discount after I was 24 as a result of my boobs had been the scale of my head (not an exaggeration) and had been inflicting me a ton of again ache. I’ve scoliosis, and I usually surprise if the scale of my breasts made it worse. When I had an x-ray accomplished previous to my surgical procedure, the medical doctors really discovered divots in my shoulder bones from the place my bra straps had been digging in, solely from the load of my breasts. Back then I had horrible medical health insurance, and the surgical procedure was nonetheless authorised inside days, in order that tells you one thing. It was not a very good state of affairs and positively one thing that wanted to be accomplished for my well being. So there’s the reply to the query everybody needs to know! My boobs are actual – nothing particular or faux happening right here!
I hope you guys loved this version of CNC Instagram Live! Keep the questions coming – I like connecting with you guys!