Eat extra beans! I think about beans essentially the most underutilized and under-appreciated economical superfood. Here are some ideas that will help you reach consuming extra of them.
- Keep them “top of mind” with the purpose of together with a serving every day.
- Know that canned beans are simply as nutritious (and sometimes extra handy!) than dried, recent or frozen.
- Add them to your soups, salads, stews, and rice dishes.
- Serve them as a aspect dish or make extra bean salads (right here is my favourite bean salad recipe on my web site)
- Eat extra hummus or different bean spreads.
- Throw canned beans into your meat dishes to jack-up their dietary high quality, decrease their caloric density, and to “stretch” your meat . (I all the time add a can of black beans to my meatloaf and sometimes to my spaghetti dishes.)
- Keep in thoughts that all varieties of beans in any kind (canned, recent, dried or frozen) are GREAT for you.
- Strive to incorporate not less than one meat-less dinner every week and make some kind of bean dish your major entree.
- Always rinse canned beans to decrease their sodium stage and to scale back their gas-producing potential.