Ragi is taken into account as one in all the most nutritious cereals. An immunity booster, when mixed with greens, it’s a tremendous healthy meals for all the age teams. It may be made with any veggies of our alternative. Soups make a excellent meal or appetisers in winters.
But frankly, we don’t want any cause or season to have such a dietary meals with a rainbow of veggies in it. This soup makes a healthful excessive fibre and the protein-rich recipe may be served any-time as breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even snack. Ragi is a versatile millet and has a impartial style, so any selection may be made utilizing ragi.
Ragi Malt with milk and sugar tastes yummy and good as child meals. Rotis, jaava, ragi ambali, ragi mudda, and many extra varieties may be made with ragi which is wealthy in calcium, helps in weight reduction, has excessive fibre content material, battles anaemia, reduces blood ldl cholesterol, and additionally regulates blood sugar ranges.
Because of its low glycemic index, it helps scale back meals cravings and slows down the absorption of starch, thus helps in regulating the blood sugar for a diabetic. Let’s have the greatest meals to remain healthy and completely satisfied.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
• Ragi (finger millet) flour: three tbsps
• Carrot : ¼ cup
• Capsicum : ¼ Cup
• Green Peas : ¼ Cup
• Cabbage : ¼ Cup
• Cauliflower : ¼ Cup
• Tomatoes : ¼ Cup
• Onions : ¼ Cup
• Green chilies : three Nos
• Water : three cups
• Salt : ¾ tsp or as wanted
• Pepper powder : ½ tsp
• Ajinomoto (Chinese salt) : a pinch (optionally available)
• Garlic : 5 to six pods
• Coriander leaves : for garnishing
• In a pan, boil three cups of water on medium flame with a lid on it.
• Add diced carrots, diced capsicum, inexperienced peas, shredded cabbage ¼ cup every.
• Then add chopped cauliflower ¼ cup, 2 chopped tomatoes and 2 chopped onions.
• Now add three chopped inexperienced chilles,boil all of them for 10 minutes on medium flame with a lid on in.
• In a bowl, combine three tablespoons of ragi flour with some water to keep away from forming of lumps after we add it to the boiling veggies.
• Now add it to boiling veggies stirring it repeatedly and combine it completely to keep away from lumps.
• Cook it for some extra time and then add 5 to six chopped garlic pods.
• Place a lid and let it cook dinner on low flame for a few extra minutes.
• Now, add some spring onions too.
• And then add ¾ teaspoon of salt or as wanted and ½ teaspoon of pepper powder.
• If you need a Chinese flavour to the soup add a pinch of Chinese salt (Ajinomoto).
• Then, squeeze half a lime to it.
• Switch off the flame.
• Garnish it with some coriander leaves.
• Serve sizzling, tasty, and tremendous healthy soup.
— Indira Ireni
(Stay tuned to Hyderabadi Ruchulu column for extra recipes. YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/hyderabadiruchulu; Website: www.hyderabadiruchulu.com .)